Well, back on steroids. The issues I mentioned on last post were not getting better. I got my appointment rescheduled in Detroit this Friday. My grandma ended up passing away and funeral is Friday. She just found out a little over a month ago she had Lymphoma cancer and it was pretty much all over. She was taken care of with the help of hospice and went into a sleep for almost 4 days before passing. I am so glad she didn't have to suffer a long term of cancer pain. Due to her funeral I had to cancel appointment on Friday, but was also nervous of how terrible I have felt on & off. LUCKILY my neruotlogist from Detroit called me back. He was VERY kind and decided to go ahead and start a steroid. If I have no change for the better in a week, I need to get right in to see him, but if (and I pray) it is better, I should wait until the steroid is out of the system again and see how things go before returning. That is the difficulty with having the specialist far away, you can just get in easy.
Of course, my luck is that the steroid is the same one I was on at the time after my surgery that I had an allergic reaction to a medication. I was also on a pain medicine that the doctor and pharmacist said was more likely the cause of the rash.. But, I had to switch up both medicines anyways. SO, hopefully it wasn't the Medrol steroid I was allergic to. Now I will know....
Thanks again for all of the emails, comments, cards, and calls I have gotten over this long time.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Denise, sorry to hear of your grandma passing. That's a tough loss. I was wondering how you've been and I'm very surprised to read about these unfortunate setbacks. I hope things turn for the better soon you have been through enough already.
ReplyDeleteYou have my best wishes
Mike
Hey Denise -
ReplyDeleteI haven't checked in on you in awhile. I am so sorry to hear about your grandma, but am glad that she passed with a minimum of discomfort. I have a dear friend, really like a sister, who has been terminal for about 5 months now and watching her deal with the pain is heartbreaking.
Now what is this about being back on steroids?! Ugh. I hope that you've gotten some relief in the last few days. It is very disconerting when you are expecting a trouble free recovery and then hit all these bumps in the road. I can certainly sympathize. Wish you didn't have to go through this.
Debbi