Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Did steroid help????

The steroid was just a pac, so that means lots the 1st day, then each day less.   After about 24 hours I could for sure tell it was helping a lot with the "internal" cranial pressure I was having and some on the "external....face, ear, muscle, etc.".     I felt really good for about 2 days.   It helped with making it through my grandmothers funeral stuff, but I think maybe I over did it those days too.   I felt terrible over the weekend.  

I'm on my last day of the pac and all of the external pressure and numbness and pain is strong.   Not sure where to turn now, but have an appointment with my local ENT a week from Friday.   It almost feels like I have a major ear infection and suddenly the tinnitus (ringing noises) have gotten worse.   Some say it has to do with the weather changing.....back to cold and snow :-(      

Dizzyness wise, I'm pretty o.k. unless I over do it or move too fast.    I am driving more comfortably now, so I don't feel like I have to rely on someone else and that I'm stuck home.

Going out into public places, still not easiest & fun.   The stimulation on my brain due to the hearing loss is crazy!   Unexplainable actually (unless you've been there of course)!      NOT the same a those who go deaf slowly!!!   Your brain has some fast readjusting to do, in addition to trying to heal from the surgery, etc.

I guess I'm only 11 weeks and really not sure if it's too bad.   Just NOT what I expected, of course :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Denise,
    You are in our prayers as you continue this ordeal. I pray for you to see progress every day. God is in control so continue to talk to Him. Love you, Aunt Elaine

    ReplyDelete