Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Latest


Well, I got in to see an Eye specialist Monday, my 8 week mark. My paralysis is about 90% back to normal only because my left eye is off some still. It will close, but slower, so it is also drier and the tear duct don't work right. He put a plug in and that has helped a lot more so far to keep the moisture in my eye. He said after running a bunch of tests (or whatever...they hurt my eye), that my left eye was wiggly. He said he was familiar with the type of surgery, etc. and with my delayed paralysis and additional brain swelling, it will for sure take things longer to heal. Even thought I do the correct exercises for them each day, ugh! He told me due to this I should hold off driving.....mostly too because it is so snowy and ucky here. Told me also to wear my polarized sunglasses in the day if I go out, will help my eyes too.

Still more, but I can only do a bit at a time!!

Here is our snow....lovely living close to Lake Michigan and the lake effects. This is of our big deck around the pool.....I think the railings are about 42"..?? (yeah, where's the pool!)



1 comment:

  1. Hey Denise,
    Hadn't heard from you in a while until today. I'm glad to hear your tinnitus has gotten a lot better. It sounds like your facial recovery is also going well. I'll have to check on the tear duct plug. My eye doc never mentioned it. Hopefully we'll get our own tears back before too long. I'm glad to hear you're still taking it easy and being patient allowing time to heal. It's hard sometimes when we read the other stories where people rebound and feel normal again after a couple of weeks and not be a little jealous. Just keep believing we'll get there too even if it takes us a little longer. I hope you continue to progress in your recovery and look forward to hearing more good news from you in the future.

    You're still in my prayers,
    Amy Catherwood (fellow ANA member)

    ReplyDelete