Sunday, December 20, 2009

Been Awhile

Yeah, I know it's been awhile since I've been on. Not actually feeling the greatest. I've been going through a lot and just want to feel better.

Anyways, GOOD news is: I'm pretty sure the facial paralysis is ALL gone. I can even close my eye lid fine. The tinnitus in my ear is still coming and going, and sometimes way worse (enough to make me sick). I'm still trying to be really good and stay very limited. It's too hard to walk around here due to our snow, but I do most of my home exercises I was given. I can't do anything that makes me bend at all....makes me want to pass out. Plus I still walk funny and tire out extremely quick.

I did get into a spinal/physical pain doctor tomorrow due to the fact 3 doctors still think my issues are coming from my neck and all down my spin. Can't wait....she will be the one to check over everything and then refer me to some kind of therapy or something. I'm even now been having numbness pains going all the way from my neck and back to my finger tips...its weird, sometimes like someone is poking me with pins.

Well, like I said, better news, and still working on things. Keep me in the prayers, and for emotional reasons for myself and my family......I DEFINATELY need that! I feel like I've missed out on too much. For those of you who know me, I love to be at anything at school. Well, no awards assembly this year (due to all issues, same with no conferences....luckily Neil had both days off and went), but now the kid Christmas parties are tomorrow. I can't even drive yet, and scared to ask someone to take me incase I start not feeling well....then what? Also, still got a few Christmas things to get/due....ugh! Crude, I just realized stocking stuffers too.....oh man, I just need to feel energized.

Thanks again for EVERYTHING....
With Love, Denise

5 comments:

  1. Hugs, Denise! I don't know if I mentioned any details of my recovery but I'll mention a few things here to give you hope. I recovered at my parent's place for six weeks because I was so dizzy, weak and exhausted. Just taking a shower in the morning was enough to feel like I did a day's work. I was very low emotionally because I just wanted to be 'normal' and look after my family. We have five boys, then ages 4 to 14 and many people stepped up to help us. I found accepting help very difficult - and struggled to come to peace with this. Three weeks, while recuperating at my parent's place, headaches began with a vengeance - I can't describe the pain...just so intense...I remember thinking that I wish I could just die. How I prayed that God would grant relief - He did grant me peace and, through this trial, taught me patience.

    Now, I read of your struggles, tears come because I know your emotional pain....of just wanting to be 'normal' and get on with being an energetic mom. Denise, take it one step at a time - just get through each hour and don't look far ahead...He will walk beside you. As a friend once said to me, "Behind the clouds, the sun is shining..." I will continue to pray for you and your family.

    Luv, Cecile

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denise, Neil, Nelson and Trenton,
    Just wanted to let you know that everytime I drive by your house you are in my thoughts and prayers. We are glad to hear things are improving,even if not as fast as you would like. If Cheryl or I can help in anyway, please feel free to call. Have a Blessed and Merry Christmas!!
    Bob and Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Denise - know that many prayers are being said for you from an ton of people. Very well said Cecile!!! Your normalness will come, in God's time, and as we all know, that is never the same as our human timeline! Hang in there.....keep resting....give the boys hugs for us......get better soon!!!
    Love ya - Tam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Denise.
    The healing process will always take longer then we want it to. Not being able to be our normal selves as we were is something that we have a hard time comprehending. You cannot go through a surgery like we did and not pay a price for it. Some more then others. Overall you appear to be one who has paid a fair price.

    Glad to see that your delayed facial weakness has gotten better. I know it's hard to understand this but, enjoy not being able to drive right now. Or not being able to lift things or do normal things. Its only temporary and before you know it you'll have all those responsibilities again. This is your special time so take advantage of it. It looks as if you have a great support system.
    Glad to hear the good news of your progress.
    Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and a great New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Denise,
    I'm NOT officially working right now. If I can do anything for you (including house work), I would love to. 690-5845 is my cell. plus, remember, I'm almost a nurse so I understand a bunch of your medical issues. Seriously, if I can help out, let me know, I've got the time.
    Michelle Hemmer

    ReplyDelete