Wednesday, December 9, 2009

More updates 1 MONTH Post Op!!!

Well, I have been being very good.  It have been doing VERY good, just like the doctor told us.  Pretty much I feel as if I have been doing nothing.  Not talking as much either and my jaw muscle is for sure feeling the healing!!   ALSO,  the facial paralysis is getting a bit better every day....I'll have to post more pictures.   

I still have the back and neck pains, but got antoher call yesterday from doctor in Detroit.   He said to get started right away to get into someone who does treatment in multiple ways.   Well, I was working on it today, then our power went out, and I felt tired.    TOMORROW....that 's my job.      Of course my kids will be off school or 5 days  (today and tomorrow due to blizzardy snow storm and Friday for Teacher Professional Development day....then the weekend).     Luckily the noises are a bit better too, otherwise I wear ear plugs :-)

MARCIE, click on my spot that says view complete profile, then under my picture says email.   I am doing MUCH better I can talk some, or visit....if call  1st!! :-)

CECILE, thank you sooooo much from a fellow ANer who understands  a lot.  It helps keep  my spirits up and know things can get better!!  I too have been having some of the ?vertigo/balance stuff.  I have been doing all the exercises they told me, but said NOTHING with bending my head.  There is still more than usual pressure in there.      I get some headaches, but the come from my neck up and the neurosurgeon said I need to get them looked at a.s.a.p.   (probably a lot of my problem)....thanks again, see you on the ana forum soon!

Thank you again and again  & BLESS YOU ALL!!
Love, Denise

4 comments:

  1. Denise, it was so very great seeing you yesterday; however, I am so sad you have had to go thru all of this!
    You are such a sweet, caring, loving individual I know God will be helping you on this journey.
    Know also, that you will be in my daily prayers and thoughts and if there is ANYTHING I can do; please do not hesitate to email me and I will do what ever I can.
    you take care, keep up the positive attitude and the journaling is good for you---keep it up!
    love & hugs
    ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Denise glad things are getting better for you. I know exactly how you feel regarding the headaches, I'm getting the same ones in the back of the neck. I feel lucky that the facial weakness is improving every day I hope your experiencing the same. The hearing will take some time to get used to but we have the rest of our lives to adjust.

    Keep getting better.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Denise, so glad to hear you are feeling better! Boy, what an ordeal you've been through. I have had you in my prayers. Had all of my pre-op testing done Thursday...will be a "postie" in about a week...yaaaay! Hope to chat more soon!

    Bren~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Denise:
    It really is a great idea to keep a journal. I truly wish that I had done this when I went through my recovery....it would have helped me and also helped others when they ask for details. I just forget a lot of the details - sigh...old age I guess....
    Hope your days are getting somewhat easier for you!

    Cecile

    ReplyDelete