Sunday, November 29, 2009

ONE MORE NOTE, sorry :-)

Sorry all my posts seem so long.   I think this blogging has been the best thing for me.   Those who know me know I like to talk :-)    But due to the brain swelling and the fact they cut part of a jaw muscle, I'm really limited.  (didn't realize that at 1st, but now I know)   Anyways, the blog helps me with that!    So, just treat it like you're reading a book!!

4 comments:

  1. Just for the record.....I like your book!! Keep blogging....it keeps us all posted on your progress. Hope today is another good day....I like to hear about happy dances! (o:
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Janet. Hopefully today will go good. Got the total MRI's (top of brain) Laying downgives me much pressure, SO I need to tke

    Hopefully you have a good day!!
    thanks, Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Curious - did the doctors tell you not to bend over for awhile? That was part of my post-surgical instruction and the neuro surgeon took great pains to make sure I understood that I mustn't get my head lower than my heart. Some people sleep with one of those wedge pillows - I didn't need that, but understand it helps if you get pressure from laying in a prone position. You can get them at Bed Bath & Beyond I think.

    Hang in there - it gets better, I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbi, not sure how to post to get back to you, but HAH....on our check out from the hospital a nurse gave us instructions. Yeah, said no bending. WELL, not until I started realizing that even bending a tiny, tiny bit (even sitting to go potty) would fill the pressure in my head. The doctor may have told Neil stuff, but I really had super short term memory that 1st week. Now, I have learned. I am basically doing NOTHING but short simple walks. Love my laptop and if I cover/patch one eye I can see fine. I truly think my situation is having all the added problems due to something in my lower spine (pinched nerve, or something).

    I have still been trying to sleep on like 3 pillows, that is hard too because I was always a stomach sleeper on my left (the AN) side.

    Thanks Debbi, I've still got to get to finish reading everyone elses blog!

    ReplyDelete