Well, not sure how else to title it, but on Friday I was on cloud 9. Things were up. Of course that was the greatest situation I've had since being home from this surgery. I've been told by every doctor and other AN people that you need to take it hour by hour.
Well, of course I got up Saturday and felt like I had been ran over. My head felt so swollen and so heavy, the pressure was crazy! Felt like I couldn't hear at all, and my face paralysis felt like a solid brick. I'm finally learning how serious and what they meant by no bending. If I bend only about a 45 degree angle I can feel a rush of pressure going to my head. (not sure if that is normal for everyone with this surgery, or just because when we went to ER a week ago they said my swelling was pretty 'full' still). Or possibly if it is from whatever else is causing my spinal pain.
Of course I have the MRI tomorrow (and NO I can't give you info then, ya know they never tell ya anything), and I have a nice list of questions for when we go to the doctor on Friday. I will probably have to get a copy of the MRI CD to take with me to the doctor like I always have before..............well, OF COURSE I'm gonna peak at it :-) It won't have the report done right away, but I can see what my brain now looks like. interesting! My boys think those CDs are cool! We even got to point out the "rocks in my head" before. hahaha......there for sure better be one less rock!!
O.K., now for the UP NEWS!!! Of course I'm still not sleeping much due to the steroids. I was up when Neil got up for work. I told him I felt different, almost normal for awhile. I had no pressure, and the tinnitus (ringing and noises in the ear) were very light. So, I had him come talk to me in my bad ear while plugging the good one tight. I could just barely hear him. SO then we played that game again like I did with Nelson. ;-)
As Neil was leaving for work I told him to call me from his work cell and I wanted to know if I could here on the bad ear at all (I keep answering the phone on that ear on accident, and it sounds dead like no one is there.....oops) SO, sure enough her called and I could hear him a very tiny bit. Then I took our phone and turned up the hearing volume (it's always on the lowest because it's a loud volume phone). HOLY COW!!!! I could make out what he was saying!!! Sounded like he was whispering, but at least I heard!!!
Now that made it time for the HAPPY DANCE!!!!!! Yah, I don't know what else to say!!! If you've ever been in a situation like this, you get it.
I've noticed I've had a ton of e-mails and positive responses to my blog posts. I'm wondering if it might be good for ANers to post on here. I started this blog just to let people know how the surgery went, etc. BUT, since I've ended up having all kinds of ildssues I'm using it more like a journal and my emotional outing. Knowing someday (in accordance to some e-mails I've gotten..........already) that maybe my blog will be helpful for others to read or follow or give hope. I kept asking Neil how much they told us what all we may go through, but of course I guess I was just thinking, nahhhh, I'll be one of the lucky ones. WELL, I've had every single thing that can go down except for the 2 more life threatening ones (bacterial menengitis, CSF leak). Still doesn't mean I'm out of the woods for those. Just also thought I'd be one that was feeling great by 3 weeks. NOT....tomorrow is 3 weeks. Of course, we all have to remember that I've had additional stuff that has flaired up, like the pain we are not positive what is causing it (that's why full MRI tomorrow), had nice allergic reaction to a pain medicine, AND I got thrush....it went away and came back again!!! ugh!
I basically am trying to do NOTHING! I've noticed that everything seems to feel better when I'm sitting straight up mostly, no noises (unless one thing at a time), take my valium like I was told would help, and NO bending at all! I will probably list another day soon what all side effects there are and put in my notes.
For now this is enough. Also when I started this goofy blog I was thinking of doing it for fun too. To be able to put up pictures of fun things, my family, my crafts....something. Well, I am gonna do one now.
Please keep them prayers coming! And THANK YOU ALL for everything!! I'm amazed how loaded my e-mail box is. Do leave comments here to though if it might be something helpful for other ANer's...thanks
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment