Saturday, November 7, 2009

Surgery Place

Well for starters, I've had many tell me they don't know how to do or read a blog.   Since mine hasn't been up long........start at the bottom and read up.   (the bottom is the oldest post)   The blogs are easy ways to keep in touch with many.....getting information to many at a time.   And, I have totally found it to be a Mental escape & exercise for me :-)

SURGERY INFORMATION: (many have asked)
Monday morning 11/9/09, surgery at 7:30 a.m.  (need to be there at 5:30, so Neil & I are staying night before)
At St. Johns Providence Park Hospital in Novi, MI
Neurosurgeon is Dr. Daniel Pieper
Neurotologist is Dr. John Zappia

Neil will be with me and my mom will stay here with the boys so they can stay in their normal schedule.  

Sounds like I'm in ICU day of and day after surgery, there about 5 days total.  Of course always depends on how things go.     Recovery time seems very different for everyone depending on exactly where the tumor lies.   I was told 3-4 weeks of no driving.  I think that too all depends on how things go.  

3 comments:

  1. Michael & Shelly NelsonNovember 9, 2009 at 4:29 PM

    We were so sorry to hear that all of this has been happening. We had not been aware of any of it. I put you on our church prayer chain so everyone has been praying today! We will continue to pray that all goes well!

    God Bless,
    Michael & Shelly Nelson

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear the surgery went so well. I prayed myself to sleep Sunday night, then set my alarm for 7:25 Mon morning, so I could pray for you before the surgery. It sounds like He answered my prayers. Hurry back to us at Curves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is so good Denise! Glad to hear things went well. Linda has kept us up to date as well as this blog. Thanks Neil! We'll continue to pray and look forward to your arrival home. Love you both.

    Ron & Sharon Peterson

    ReplyDelete