I've had lots of people ask how Trenton broke his hand....remember he had to go get a cast on the day of my surgery! Between him and his "injuries", and me and my health, we are keeping the medical people in business!!! ha ha ha!!
Anyways, he had hurt his arm I think the Friday morning before in the kitchen. I thought he said he was just swinging it around and bashed it on the side of one of our very heavy oak kitchen chairs. We were getting ready for school (and we've always made the boys be tough), so I just said hurry up, you'll be fine.
Nope a few hours later school calls. Trenton wasn't crying or anything, but the side of his hand was swollen and she said it was looking green. Sigh.....went to get him, figured it did look oddly swollen so I better take him in. Sure enough, it was broke. The doctor (or whoever) said it looked like a boxer break. Yeah, whatever......I really was dealing with anxiety over the surgery, and he was alive and fine and not crying or anything. We were told he had to wait until Monday to cast it because of the swelling. (yep, I wasn't pulling the greatest concerned mommy that day..............not like I haven't had it a ton with him before....sorry bud!!) Later at dinner we were asking him again how he hurt it. He got up and showed us that he hit the back of the recliner chair.....just like he was punching it!!!! UGH!!! What the heck??? He was just messing around and boxing the recliner. But SINCE IT WAS TRENTON, he had to have hit the wooden part in the chair. Kids.......love them to death, but they sure are ALL boy!
So now I'm gonna try to post the only picture I have of him with it on. This blog thing is new for me, and not sure if I do it all right, but it will work somehow. He has to have the cast on for 1 month, then we go back from there. Sure he'll be done.....last time he broke his other arm they said he was a fast healer.
Oh, I seen this picture too in my files and had to add it. It was my favorite for my Christmas cards last year. It even had a good picture of our dog Chevy with them. We lost Chevy in June due to cancer. I still miss her so much. We got her as a puppy when I was 6 months pregnant for Nelson. She was a actually a good dog..............also, Trenton's best friend. (o.k.,gotta stop now, can't see due to crying.........miss you Chevy dog!!!!)
Hugs to everyone and thank you all!
With lots of love from the Sanford Family!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment