Monday, November 30, 2009

MRI's are Done....thankfully

I know many have said to let you know how the MRI stuff went.  Well, I had to take a valium 1 hour before to relax my body.   And for sure I needed it because I was having the fullness, tension, etc. today.   Also due to the fact of the spinal pain (which was seeming better), they had me take pain medicine.

Once I arrived they (Memorial Medical) were very nice and asked if my body felt real relaxed because the MRIs were gonna last 2 1/2 hours.   HUH??  I almost freaked out because I have just been starting to have the back pain coming back, and everything in my head still felt like full pressure.    So, I ended up taking ANOTHER of each pill.   Due to the noise issues I'm having they put earplugs in each ear, and then put on the big headphones........that worked great.

There was only one point where they could stop and let me stretch my back for a few and have some ice chips (I think all these meds are causing real dry mouth.....or something).    Then they finished the MRI, even propped my legs up some to help decrease the pain in my back.

Well, low and behold (due to my luck), when I was done I felt like I could barely move.   All the pain in my back side was there, and my head felt like it was swollen like a balloon.    There for sure must be something going on in my lower spine.  They actually told me to take another darvocet.   (GEE, I never knew you could take so much crap.....I really hate it, but know it's to help with the pain and should be temporary).

I made my mom take me into Meijers to walk some to stretch out my back & legs, and to get some fruit.   That helped the pain some........but how in the world can I function will all the medicines I had taken????

One thought on the spinal pain is I'm going down on the steroid.   The doctors say steroids help with pain too, so it will be interesting what the next few days bring.     I think the steroids are causing my face to puff, it feels weird.

Anyways, I said I'd let yas know.   Now I'm in tears again because of the pain, but at least what I had done today should help get us some answers.

Thanks again for all the prayers...............we need to be healing better.   I am doing basically nothing like I was told.  

Oh, I got the CD of  all the MRI to take to the dr. on Friday.  I'm gonna check it out, the girl said it was o.k.

4 comments:

  1. Hi---glad your MRI is over and that you will get some answers. Good Luck this week
    Love, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor baby! I'm going to keep those prayers going
    DJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take the pain meds and allow yourself the relief without the worries. You need to relax your body after all it's going through. Praying for good news on your MRI.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Denise, you really are not getting any breaks on this, are you?!?! My heart goes out to you - I am so, so sorry that your body is causing you so much pain. Hopefully these MRIs will hold some answers and get you the relief you need so you can get this healing going. I'm thinking of you and praying for you all the time!
    Cheryl Roberto

    ReplyDelete